The Voice of Schenectady High

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Taking the Grade to the Bank

Nicole Peek runs the Patriot Branch of First New York Federal Credit Union. It benefits students financially and provides help with opening accounts and making deposits. It was an add-on to the First New York Federal Credit Union. They are open every Friday from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Schenectady High School.

This program allows students to earn points based on their academic performance. Students can earn a maximum of 4 points a week. Peek explains, “Every $5 deposit is 2 Patriot Points, a maximum of 4 points per week.” She continues, “Show your report card at the Patriot Branch and receive 2 points for a GPA between 4.0 and 3.67 and 1 point for a GPA between 3.66 and 2.67.”

With 60 points, students can claim a $60 Visa Gift Card. A Prom Ticket or $50 Gift Card is rewarded for 40 points, $30 Visa gift card or towards yearbook for 30 points, $20 Walmart or Target Gift Card for 20 points, and $10 Bruegger’s Bagels or Stewart’s Gift Card for 10 points.

The patriot branch is at the Schenectady High School where students can claim their rewards.